You MUST have an appointment to surrender a pet to the shelter. Any walk-in owner surrender appointments will NOT be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: The shelter is FULL, and all animals are at a high risk of euthanasia. We encourage you to first try rehoming through friends, family, and neighbors, and then try the resources below
CONNECT WITH A RESCUE:
LOW COST VETERINARY CARE:
- PAWS 2900 Grays Ferry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19146 ◆ 215-298-9680
- PAWS Northeast 1810 Grant Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19115 ◆ 215-545-9600
- Philadelphia Animal Hospital 7401 Holstein Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19153 ◆ 215-724-5550
- PSPCA 350 E. Erie Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19134 ◆ 215-426-6300
- Providence Animal Center 555 Sandy Bank Road, Media, PA 19063 ◆ 610-565-1370
- Dutton Road Veterinary Clinic 10901 Dutton Road, Philadelphia, PA 19154 ◆ 215-331-2968
- Emancipet 575 Adams Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19120 ◆ 267-774-4901
- Girard Veterinary Clinic 2806 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130 ◆ 215-232-0931
FREE PET FOOD PANTRIES:
If you’re looking into humane euthanasia for an ill and/or elderly pet, please come in to the shelter, no appointment needed. If you’d like to be with your pet in their last moments, please reach out to Emeka’s Fund, https://www.emekasfund.org/, or your local veterinarian .
If there is a medical emergency with your pet, please contact your local animal hospital.
If you need further assistance, reach out to ACCT’s Help Desk to provide further guidance on resources that may be available to you to help you keep your pet: firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete a Request For Assistance form here.