Animal Ordinance Complaints


The Animal Care & Control Team responds to violations of the Animal Control ordinance in Philadelphia. Officers will make a site visit and issue warnings and/or citations when violations are observed. ACCT will respond to complaints concerning:

  • Dogs running at large
  • Dirty yards (yard that has had fecal matter present for more than 12 hours)
  • Barking dogs
  • Feeding pigeons in a public area
  • Keeping farm animals (pigs, chickens, roosters, etc) in the city

To report a violation contact ACCT at 267-385-3800, email or file a complaint using the form below. View the full Philadelphia city ordinance relating to Animal Control enforcement.


ACCT will also monitor the conditions of the Carriage Horses in Philadelphia Monday through Friday after 5:00pm and all day Saturday and Sunday. To report unsafe conditions for the horses, such as extreme weather conditions or curfew violations, contact ACCT at 267-385-3800, email or file a complaint using the form below. View the Carriage Horse regulations for more information.


Feeding cats is not illegal in Philadelphia. ACCT does not respond to complaints about feeding feral cats unless the area is unsanitary and not managed properly. For more information regarding feral cats in your neighborhood, go to our Community Cats page.

Report a Violation

To file an animal violation or complaint, please fill out the following form. For more information on violations, email

In order to properly investigate all violations, you must include the address where the animals are located. If you do not know the violator’s name, please type “unknown”. Information is confidential and is required for follow up by an animal control officer.

Do not file a report online. Call 267-385-3800, 24hrs a day.

Animal Ordinance Complaint Report

    Type of violation *

    Does this violation involve cruelty to animals? *

    Have you ever submitted a complaint in the past? *