Are you not able to foster at this time? Definitely consider doing a day trip with one of the pups here at the shelter!
Studies have shown that even giving a dog a night away from the shelter makes their stress level not get as high when they return. Photos and additional information you get will also help them find a home.
What is a day trip?
- Day trips are a fun and exciting way to make a dog’s day by giving them the opportunity to adventure outside the shelter!
- Not only do day trips help reduce the dog’s stress level, but they also provide us with important information that may help find placement.
- What does ACCT provide:
- Matchmake you with a dog
- An “Adopt Me” bandana, harness, collar, and leash
- A backpack of supplies
- Travel water bowl
- Waste Bags
How to join our day trip program:
- If you are not already an approved foster or volunteer, please fill out our dog foster application. Once you are approved, our foster team will send you next steps!
- If you have any questions regarding a day trip, please contact the foster team
Wondering where to take a shelter dog? Here are some ideas:
- Stroll in a park like the Wissahickon or Pennypack
- Walk on the Art Museum steps
- Jog along the Schuylkill River Trail
- Car ride to get a pup cup or some nuggets
- Our dogs are not picky and would love any adventure you take them on!
Here are our rules:
- No direct interactions with dogs or other animals
- The dog cannot be left unattended with those under 16 years of age
- Avoid open areas like a dog park
- You are not permitted to transfer the dog into the care of another person
- Keep your dog on a leash and in a collar at all times
- You will report if a dog bites or breaks skin on you or someone else
In keeping with our lifesaving mission, ACCT Philly does require any cats or dogs a foster care provider owns to be spayed or neutered, assuming the animals are healthy and old enough to be safely altered. The animals should also be up to date on all age-appropriate vaccinations.